At the Berlin
They suggest eight trends in Open Science to follow. I find this interesting to follow.
[Please note the Exit sign at the up part of the picture. It is a sort of metaphor.]
- Role of research institutes: from ivory towers to knowledge barriers.
- Process: from local centers of basic research to global networks of applied research.
- Outsourcing research: from make to buy.
- Research culture: from closed disciplinary to open interdisciplinary thinking.
- Financing of research: from single-source to multiple-source funding.
- Focus of research: from broad to specified.
- Collaboration: from lone warriors to open research clusters.
- Patents: from stockpiling to patent donation.