Enhancing Institutional Capacities and Researchers’ Competences for Policy Engagement for Green and Digital Transitions
- Project Start Date: 01/10/2023
- Project total Duration: 30 months
- Project End Date: 31/03/2026
- Project lump sum 400.000,00 €
- JOHANN WOLFGANG GOETHE UNIVERSITAT FRANKFURT AM MAIN (Germany) www.unifrankfurt.de
- UNIVERZITA PALACKEHO V OLOMOUCI (Czech Republic) www.upol.cz
- UNIVERSIDAD DE GRANADA (Spain) www.ugr.es
- FUNDACIO UNIVERSITARIA BALMES (Spain) https://www.uvic.cat/
- UNIVERSITA CA’ FOSCARI VENEZIA (Italy) www.unive.it
- UNIVERSITE LUMIERE LYON 2 (France) www.univ-lyon2.fr
Objectives: What do you want to achieve by implementing the project?
ENGAGEgreen seeks to enhance researchers’ knowledge, skills, and competencies for policy engagement, thereby supporting effective knowledge transfer for evidence-informed policy-making in the areas of environment, fight against climate change, and digital transformation. Additionally, the project will strengthen universities’ institutional capacities of policy engagement as they will be able to offer innovative trainings in these areas for researchers, students, and research managers.
Implementation: What activities are you going to implement?
ENGAGEgreen will pilot innovative science-policy dialogue initiatives to build long-term networks between scientists and policy-making professionals and create best practice examples. A virtual toolkit and related training sessions will inform researchers, research managers, and students about instruments and structures of policy engagement in the areas of green and digital transitions. Our dissemination efforts will inform key stakeholders about the potential of policy engagement.
Results: What project results and other outcomes do you expect your project to have?
- Enhanced capacities of the partner universities to support their researchers’ and students’ understanding of the potentials of policy and civic engagement in the areas of green and digital transition;
- Policy Engagement Toolkit that can be used for trainings by the universities and beyond;
- Extended networks derived from 40-50 virtual or in-person science policy dialogue events and trainings, involving up to 1.000 participants across five European countries.